Our Commercial Automobile Insurance Program, currently through Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, is a “package” program that provides coverage for several different exposures and risks.
- Physical damage to the automobile, including towing expenses and storage
- Collision coverage: damage to the covered vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object. The deductible for collision is $500.
- Comprehensive coverage: damage or loss to the covered vehicle caused by something other than a collision. This would include incidents such as theft, vandalism, and fire. The deductible for comprehensive is $500.
The automobile policy provides the following coverage:
- Automobile Liability coverage to compensate another party when the operator of the parish vehicle causes an accident resulting in injury or property damage. The institution has no deductible.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) provides up to $8,000 in medical bills and lost wages to anyone injured while an occupant in the vehicle, or a pedestrian struck by it.
- Collision coverage pays for damages to the institution-owned vehicle sustained in an accident. The institution has a $500 deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damages to the institution-owned vehicle from incidents other than collision, such as vandalism and theft. The institution has a $500 deductible.